Ancestral Connections: Embodying Life
Time & Location
About The Event
Embodying Life focuses on returning to our roots; to a sense of connection with ourselves, previous generations, and nature.
Many of us experience a sense of separation or loss as we lead more disconnected lives and long for a sense of community and belonging. This is especially true in times of Covid. Trans-generational healing, reconnection to our body wisdom and reclaiming the lost parts of ourselves allows us to live a more embodied, conscious and connected life. This in turn brings us into alignment with our vitality; reconnecting us to our purpose, to the beauty of life, and reawakening in us joy and overall wellbeing.
Ancestral Connections offers an integrated approach using movement, dance, family and systemic constellations. Sian and Tanja two experienced constellation and dance facilitators from South Africa. They bring a passion for the African continent and the wisdom its people brings. With her feet firmly grounded in the soil, Tanja offers a deeply phenomenological approach and a particular way of listening to the innate body wisdom. Sian weaves this together with her selection of curated African rhythms, eclectic soulful world and contemporary beats. This combination allows participants to immerse themselves deeply in the body and senses and to expand into the fullness of the field.
Our ancestors were real people who lived and died, and they are also within us in our DNA, our epigenetics. We can access incredible wisdom and knowing through the body, and what we sense into in the movement form. Epigenetics tells us that our bodies hold all the information of our life experiences and previous generations. Through the embodied process of becoming aware of the network of relational dynamics and integrating these many parts of ourselves and our history/herstory, transformative healing is possible.
Expressive Movement encourages a holistic relationship to your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies and supports a deeper embodied listening in the constellation field. In this workshop we move, constellate and connect with our ancestral lineages, with our non-family ancestors, and with life itself.
What to expect:
• Deep healing and learning from experience to understanding, from the body to thought
• Guiding into authentic movement and visualization to enable deeper embodied listening
• Connecting and constellating Ancestors of the family
• Inclusion of the non-family ancestors: ancestors of the soil, water and fire (in line with African cosmology)
• Uplifting, life giving music and movement
Who is this for:
• This workshop is for both the lay person and professional wanting to develop and further their relationship with their physical body, and finding embodied ways to resource themselves
• It appeals to those who are interested in exploring their interconnected relationship with themselves, their families and loved ones, humanity and the land.
• Constellations and conscious dance facilitators are invited to join us for further learning, and to inspire and deepen their work.
Originally planned as an event in Brussels, we have decided to move this event now online. Tanja and Sian have been running monthly Ancestral Connections events for many months now and are refining the offering. We hope you'll join us online in July!
Price: 180 € + VAT exclusive
*Email Meghan to subscribe and to arrange payment.
Contact: email@example.com, +32 468 455 273